Recipe Of The Month 1
Chewy Choc Chunk Slice!
- 150g Unsalted Butter.
- 1 x 200g block dark chocolate, chopped.
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar.
- 1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk.
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut.
- 2 x 50g packets Rolo chocolates.
- Cocoa powder of Powdered Sugar, to decorate.
1. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line the base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
2. Combine butter and chopped chocolate in a pan. Stir over low heat until melted.
3. Place flour, sugar, condensed milk, coconut and chocolate mixture in a bowl and mix well. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Arrange Rolos over top and press into slice mixture.
4. Cook in moderate oven (180C) for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Do not over-cook. Cool slice in pan before removing.
5. Serve slice, cut into small squares. Dust with sifted cocoa.
Slice can be made up to 4 days ahead. Store the slices in an airtight container…ENJOY!